Monday 7 October 2013

Flea Market finds - October

I was really hoping to find a nice mirror or dressing table this time at the Flea Market, but alas I didn't buy the mirror I liked quickly enough and then it was gone! Here are the things I found.

I was particularly pleased with the (1960's?) bakery posters, I got them on my way to the exit at the last minute, they didn't look that interesting at first, but when I rummaged further into the pile I found some of the original drawings for the advert (hand lettered which is cool) and also some of the red coloured separations which they would have used to create the screens to screen print the posters. The separation sheets have been hand cut with a scalpel, must have had to be really accurate!

Also found another magic lantern slide, the subject seems rather sinister but interesting nonetheless. Got some melaware jugs too, to go with an orange one I already have, and a large jam pan which I thought to put plants in before realising they would probably need some form of drainage!


 Flea market finds october 2

Danish pastries bakery poster
Original painting, acetate separation and finished bakery poster.

Chunky pies bakery poster
Chunky pies poster
Civil war magic lantern slide
Civil war magic lantern slide


No comments:

Post a Comment