Monday 19 November 2012

Building my Log Cabin!

Over the last few weeks I've been preparing to build my new log cabin in my garden (it will be my screen printing and sewing studio), and we finally started to make the base and get it built in the last few days! Here are some photos of the process.

The ground is cleared

Checking the base will fit

Measuring where to put the blocks for the bearers

Weed-proof membrane is laid on top of the blocks and the base is laid

The sides can start being slotted together!

Starts going up pretty quickly after that, pieces slot together like lego!

Time to decide where the window will go

The window is in and here comes the door!

More pieces of wall get added

Last bits of wall get put on

And now the roof beams

Papa smurf starts the roof

The roof is finished, Dad catches his breath, and I've been painting!

The waterproof roof membrane is attached, to be soon followed by the shingles when the rain stops.

No comments:

Post a Comment