Sunday 25 March 2012

Type drawer wall art

I finally got round to refurbishing the type drawer that I bought a few weeks back (see Flea market finds post) and I think it's turned out rather well.

First I cleaned it with sugar soap to remove any grease and yucky stuff (there must have been lots because I almost suffocated from the fumes - I think it might have been the varnish!) after it was dry I had to give it quite a few coats of primer.
Following this I painted it with white eggshell paint, and cut out sections of coloured paper for each section, sticking them down with wallpaper paste. Next I drilled some holes and attached some brass hooks, and then it was finished :) a nice little project. Just need to find a few little objects o put in the sections!




No comments:

Post a Comment